for some specialized dealers visit:
Any comments, questions??
Hugues de Latude
- Located in south of France, near Toulouse, we are specialised in sciences, medicine, natural history, travels and early printed books.
- Books are guaranteed to be complete and in good condition unless otherwise stated.
- Conditions of buisness according to International League of Antiquarian Booksellers'rules.
- Our books are priced in French Francs.
Established in 1977, we are located in historic downtown Lewisburg, founded in 1789, in the Greenbrier Valley near national and state forests, white water rafting, the Greenbrier River and lovely walking trails. Lewisburg's beginnings are prior to the American Revolution and it was also the site of a Civil War battle between the forces of generals Henry Heth and George Crook. There is history to explore and interesting shops to visit. If you'd like some information on Lewisburg send us a legal size stamped self-addressed envelope.
We have in stock, but not online, geological survey publications on mineral deposits of Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia. Query us on individual titles (we dont have catalogs) or even better come by the store. Our hours are 10-5 Monday thru Saturday and 12-3 on Sunday.
2031 Walnut St., Philadelphia, PA 19103 U.S.A.
Phone: (215) 563-3398 Fax: (215) 567-3279
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
Saturday 8:30am - 1:00pm
Rare and Used Mormon books
We specialize in rare and out-of-print Mormon and Utah related publications. We have a limited quanitity of books on hand but specialize in locating the books you have on your want list. From a first edition Book of Mormon to a recently out-of-print book, we have the ability to find them all.
Helen R. Kahn
P.O. BOX 323,
Canada H3Z 2V8
Tel. (514) 844-5344
Fax. (514) 499-9274
For centuries, people have been fascinated by tales of exploration - tales that both satisfy and provoke their continual search for new spaces, their curiosity about the unknown, and the need of nations to expand frontiers both economically and politically. From Vespucci to Vancouver, from Frobisher to Franklin, men risked their lives searching unknown lands and seas. The records, accounts and maps they left behind have been our consuming interest for more than twenty years, and we offer an extensive selection for sale.
Established in 1977, we serve collectors and institutions. Our main specialty is early worldwide exploration, voyages and travels, with a primary emphasis on the Americas, the Polar Regions, and the South Seas. We issue three or four catalogues per year, as well as a variety of short lists in other subjects, all of which are sent upon request to interested parties at no charge. Our office is located in downtown Montreal and is open by appointment only.
Abstract Eye Books
We specialize in photographic literature, mysteries and first
editions. We also carry a selection of book related merchandise
including bookends, globes, t-shirts and mugs.
- dealers of fine out-of-print and rare books on photography and art. Catalog features thousands of titles, including monographs, historical, critical and technical books.
BOEK & GLAS
Agatha Dekenstraat 34, 1053 AR Amsterdam. Tel. 020 612 66 73
You can find our antiquarian bookshop just outside the city center. Take tram 12, 13 or 14 from the center. Our opening hours: Thursday to Saturday 12.00 - 18.00 h. and on appointment
We specialise in:
* Dutch literature
* Literature translated in Dutch
* Dutch literature from 1880
* Books on Glass
* Poetry and books on poetry(Dutch)
* Collected Works
* History of Medicine
* Studies Dutch Literature
If you want more information, send a message to email@example.com
JAMES S. JAFFE RARE BOOKS
Rare Books, Literary First Editions,
Art & Illustrated Books, Private Press Books,
Autographs & Manuscripts, Appraisals & Archival Sales
P. O. Box 496
367 W. Lancaster Avenue
Haverford, Pennsylvania 19041
Antiquariaat FORUM was founded in 1970. Sebastiaan S. Hesselink, owner and director, is now an
internationally recognized expert in the world of rare books, manuscripts & prints.
Antiquarian Maps & Books
Maps & Atlases, cartho- and bibliography, (ant) arctica,
Pacifica, maritime history, early aeronautica
Theo de Boer:
medicine & science
8001 BC Zwolle
8011 GG Zwolle
Tel.+31 38 421 75 24
Fax +31 38 422 18 67
- Jan van der Donk
- jan van der donk rare books
601 west 26th street 12th floor
new york, ny 10001
tel: 1 212 691-5973
fax: 1 212 463-8948
jan van der donk rare books
p.o. box 78047
1070 lp amsterdam
tel: 31 20 683-9591
specializing in historical and visual important rare books, magazines and ephemera
related to XXth Century Art + Design. Catalogues on line (a.o.'s Photography books)
Susan Eaton Books
The Haven, Shebdon, Stafford ST20 0PY, U.K.
tel: 01785 280 340 fax: 01785 280 629
Based on the Staffordshire/Shropshire border, specialised in second hand and
antiquarian books and other material relating to these two counties.
The Dutch Antiquarian Booksellers' Association
(Nederlandsche Vereeniging van Antiquaren NVvA) was founded in 1935 with the object of promoting reliability in the trade of old books and prints.
From the very start applicants had to comply with stringent regulations, the purpose of which was, and still is, to give
purchasers guarantees of quality. Similar organisations exist in numerous other countries. These formed themselves in 1947, with the Dutch Association as one of its promoters, into the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB), composed of associations from 22 countries. Members of the NVvA are thus part of an international network of dealers who, thanks to their expertise and to the rules of behaviour imposed by their associations, form the best contacts for collectors of old books and prints.
- Publishers & Vendors--Rare and Antiquarian Books
Part of AcqWeb's Subject Directory of Publishers and Vendors Web and Gopher Sites.
- Black Sun Books
- (Also at:
One of New York City's oldest
booksellers specializing in illustrated books and graphics of the 19th and
20th centuries. Members of the ABAA. In business since
1969. Catalogues on view at the ABAA listings and at
Rare Books & Literary First Editions, Illustrated Books & Original Graphics, Fine Printing, Art, Colorplate, Manuscripts
157 E. 57th St.
New York, NY 10022
telephone: (212) 688-6622
fax: (212) 751-6529
Proprietor/Contact(s): HARVEY TUCKER, LINDA TUCKER
Hours: By appointment only (Eastern Time)
WHAT'S NEW ON THE ABAA-booknet and
Here are recent changes or updates that you may not have seen. Offerings by various
ABAA and other ILAB members are "hot-linked" directly to their booknet home pages.
Scholarly, scarce and out of print books. Your can search and browse our
inventory of 500 books online, and you can search ABE which includes us
and 350 other bookstores.
William Reese Company
- has served a large international clientele of collectors and private and public institutions in the acquisition of rare books and manuscripts and in collection development. With a catalogued inventory of over thirty thousand items, and a general inventory of over sixty-five thousand items, we are among the leading specialists in the fields of Americana and world travel, and maintain a large and eclectic inventory of literary first editions and antiquarian books of the 18th through 20th centuries.
- The Second Story Bookshop
Specialized in rare and out of print horse books. PO B0X 1384 LEXINGTON VA. 540 463 6264 FAX 540 463
"Nancy Coplai" firstname.lastname@example.org.
No WWW presence yet. Catalogs issued, and extensive mail order
business. shipping ups daily.
- ARTISTS BOOK DEALERS
- List of artists book dealers
DERBYLIUS- GALLERY-BOOKSELLER - PUBLISHER
located just in the center of
Milan, in Via dei Piatti n.6, few blocks from the Duomo. Established in
1990,thanks to an idea of the owner Mrs.Carla Roncato, Derbylius wants to
offer a proper space
to the 19th's Avant-Gards movements,with a special attention to the
Futurism and Costructivism, moving from the M.A.C. to the Nuclear Art ,
Abstractism and to the newest artistic movements like the Visual Poetry.
In this direction Derbylius works as Gallery, Bookseller and Publisher all
- CHARBO'S ANTIQUARIAAT
- Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Specialising in antiquarian and old books on history, topography, ethnography, travel, maritime and colonial history, history of culture. On-line catalogues.
- ANTIQUARIAN BOOK HERALD:
- Collective site of European dealers in antiquarian books (NAN) with new
mailinglist (see: MAILINGLISTS)
ANY AMOUNT OF BOOKS and CHARING CROSS ROAD BOOKSHOP
Charing Cross Road, London.
Rare books, literature, art, poetry, bookplates, slang, oddities, antiquarian, leather bound sets, general stock.
2 second-hand bookshops in the centre of London. The shops are 50 yards from Leicester Square station, on the edge of Covent Garden and the Chinese quarter. Close to many theatres and within spitting distance of Soho & Piccadilly--well worth a detour when in the mighty city.
- FRANS MELK
- Dutch antiquarian bookdealer specialized in art (catalogues Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam), literature and remainders
- ATRIUM Antiquariat Gert Schröder
- German online-antiquarian bookshop offering an assortment of rare and antiquarian books related to many topics. On-line catalogues:
Literature / Illustrated Books
Art, Photography, Architecture
Natural Sciences / Medicine
Travel Literature, Varia
The catalogues are presented in form format with ‘checkboxes’ and ‘send’ button to make on-line ordering of books very easy.
- EOS BUCHANTIQUARIAT BENZ:
- Website of Swiss antiquarian bookdealer. Provides links to Swiss booksites. On-line catalogues ART and Earth Sciences
- MIRIAM BROWN:
- Photo of her shop makes you want to be in Australia. On-line catalogue FOLIO SOCIETY.
- LIBAIRIE BAT D'ARGENT:
- Site of French bookdealer. With link to Gilles
Maire's Guide Internet.
- BLACKWELL's BOOKSHOPS
- on the internet. All sorts of book-related services, including Rare Book Department, Book of the month, quarterly magazine and possibillity to browse
through and order books from stock range.
- YORK NATIONAL BOOKFAIR 1996:
- Britain's largest ever antiquarian & secondhand Book Fair will take place on September 20th - 21st 1966 at the Barbican
- OAK KNOLL:
- Books-on-books. On-line catalogues of antiquarian books and new publications.
- WILSEY RARE BOOKS:
- Wilsey Rare Books was established in 1975.
Initially a general bookshop, since
1981 Wilsey has operated as a mail order business. They also exhibit at book fairs
in the U.S. and overseas. Specialized in books on the book arts (typography,
calligraphy, bookbinding and papermaking), printing history, color plate books,
illustration, fine binding, private press books and rare and beautiful books of all
periods. Wilsey Rare Books is owned and operated by Edward Ripley-Duggan
and Carol Maltby from their home in the Catskill Mountains near Woodstock,
- JANUS BOOKS:
- Sherlockiana. Offers online catalogues and related links. (Janus Books Ltd. Post Office Box 40787 | Tucson, AZ 85717-0787, Michael S. Greenbaum, Phone: (520) 881-8192 | Fax:
(520)323-3351, Electronic Mail: email@example.com)
- over 5000 items related to travel.
- BOOKS FROM BREE:
- Very active webmaster of the BIBLIO
mailinglist still finds time to run own business!
("Books From Bree is Morgan and Shoshana Edwards of Beaverton, Oregon. We specialize in
Science, Technical, and Natural History books. We carry a moderately sized inventory of scarce, rare, and out-of-print books in all of the sciences and technical fields. In addition we offer free booksearch for any title in any field")
- stores over 20.000 titles, music and old photographs.
- BENNETT GILBERT:
- RARE BOOKS: early printed material
- PIET WESSELMAN'S:
- BOOKLOVERS WEBSITE. Lots of information on books, especially poetry..
- KEN SPELMAN
- Rare and antiquarian books
- MASS. AND RHODE ISLAND ANTIQUARIAN BOOKSELLERS ASS.
- (hard to find books on needlework)
- Studio Bibliografico in Mantova, Italy. On-line catalogues.
- SWISS ASSOCIATION OF ANTIQUARIAN BOOKSELLERS,
- with links to several dealers'
- LIBRERIA GOZZINI:
- Florence, Italy. Modern and Antique books on Art, History, Literature, Law, Economics.
- ERASMUS-HAUS DER BÜCHER:
and rare books, auction sales, Basel, Switzerland.
- online bookstore based in Cambridge, Massachusetts specialized exclusively in
new and out-of-print books on 19th and 20th Century Art and on Film. You can browse through
current catalogues online. Since the online catalogues represent only a portion of Artext’s holdings at any given moment, requests for art or film books not listed are welcome. Artext maintains permanent want lists for book collectors and for customers
in search of just that one book. Homepage has links to art- and book-related sites.
- Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America. Over 140 bookdealers on-line
- BLUE MOON BOOKSHOP
("Blue Moon Bookshop is an old-fashioned, real-live used bookshop located in the pleasant college
town of Wellesley, Massachusetts, twelve miles west of Boston. We have books in many
categories, including history, literature, cultural studies, fine arts, and performing arts.
We stock our shop with the most interesting, unusual, amusing, and worthwhile books we can find.
We offer books for every budget. We do not subscribe to the notion that a book's value lies solely
in its price-tag. We do believe in the real importance of owning books. Whether your collection
consists of reading copies of treasured titles or "collector's" editions -- the great thing is to surround
yourself with the books you love: the books which charm and inform you, delight and stimulate you.
We hope to help you build your personal library.")
- DE KLOOF:
- A large browsers bookshop in the
center of Amsterdam, also filled with scholarly, out-of-print & old books
on: law, economics, science & medicine. Catalogues on request.
- CHAPTER ONE BOOKS:
- Used and Collectible Books by Mail.
DEALERS SPECIALIZED IN BOOKS-ON-BOOKS
Copyright ©1998 by http://www.xs4all.nl/~knops - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED