Pawprint Books dealers of fine out-of-print and rare books on photography and art. Catalog features thousands of titles, including monographs, historical, critical and technical books.
- Finger Lakes Photo Books
"Photography Book Specialists"
Used, Rare, Out of Print: Camera Books, Collecting, Technical,
Darkroom, Monographs, Erotica, History, Optics. Online
Free book search service.
P.O. Box 309, Aurora, NY 13026
Phone (315) 364-9581 * Fax (315) 364-9583
- DARRYL BAIRD
Working in Photography and Computer Imaging
This page is a chronicle of my work as it progresses and is subject to changing with time. It is developed with Netscape in
The images are designed to evoke our historical love-affair with the photograph
and the consequences of our submission to being "captured."
Berkeley Art Museum / Pacific Film Archive @ the University of California
substantial new resources in the form of
an educational multimedia guide for kids. There are "behind the scenes"
sections explaining how each was done.
Photophiles, Photographs for the Collector
- Gutenberg Books
Photography, Monographs, History of Photography, Photographs,
and related subjects.
Search PhotoHst Archives
- Searchengine that enables you to search a photohistory database.
- Photography Department of St. Joost
Academy of Fine Arts and Design The Netherlands. This page shows work by photography graduates.
The Platinum Gallery
- Gary Auerbach,
Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch Resort.
Specializing in Fine Art Platinum Portraiture.
5601 North Hacienda del Sol Road,
Tucson, Arizona, USA 85718,
Phone (520) 299-1501 Fax (520) 721-7598.
Specializing in Archival Platinum Portraiture, using direct 8x10 and 11x14 negatives.
"Have View Camera Will Travel."
- EADWEARD MUYBRIDGE
- (Shockwave plugg-in is needed to see all features of this website). Eadweard James Muybridge pioneered motion photography decades before the Lumière brothers filmed their first
movies and many credit Muybridge as the father of motion pictures. An
American emigre born in England, Muybridge used multiple cameras
equipped with electromagnetic triggers to photograph hundreds of studies
of animals, birds, men, women and children (including some amputees)
performing routine physical movements. In the U.S. in 1884-85, he
captured some 20,000 images which were later published in his
monumental work, Animal Locomotion.
When his sequential plates were projected on a screen using a calcium
carbide light source and a Muybridge device called the "Zoopraxiscope,"
audiences witnessed the illusion of moving pictures. Today's Internet
technologies enable to reconstruct that movement without a special
projector for the very first time.
For Muybridge you can also visit the KINGSTON MUSEUM, In association with Kingston University presenting EADWEARD MUYBRIDGE of Kingston
Upon Thames, "The Father of the Motion Picture".
Additional Muybridge information on the net:
, and the Altavista Search Results for Muybridge.
- MARC DENEYER, PHOTOGRAPHIES
- Iceberg - Ilulissat,
Grønland, 1994. Exhibition Marc Deneyer's photographies - Greenland 1994 & portfolio
"During the summer of 1994, Marc Deneyer stayed in Greenland, in the little
town of Ilulissat where, the most active glacier in the northern hemisphere
delivers twenty million tons of ice into the sea every day, producing
icebergs that regularly reach the height of 100 meters.
Marc Deneyer, inspired by the monumental shapes, transparency and raw
materials of these natural architectures, brought back a series of
photographs showing the flash of pure light in all its wonderous variety."
- PHILIP TRAURING
- Eclectic homepage with links to personal favorites and directory of photographers all over the world working with ALTERNATIVE
PHOTOGRAPHY techniques. With on-line information on the techniques used. Very sophisticated website.
- Association of International Photography Art Dealers. Listing all
- THE DAGUERREIAN SOCIETY
- dedicated to the history, science and art of the daguerreotype.
- THE ART OF THE AMERICAN
- Secrets of the Dark Chamber, National Museum of American Art.
- JOHN DINSMORE
- Books on Art, Architecture
and Photography. On-line catalogues.
- ANDREW CAHAN
- Downloadable catalogues photography books.
- MORRISON BOOKS
- on-line catalogues Art and Photography.
- CHARLES HARTMAN
Specialized in books on photography, art and design.
- 37 ABAA bookdealers with photography specialty (not all of them have their own website)
- BOOK GUILD OF PORTSMOUTH
- (David Meikle), offering
19th century travel photography; prices varying from $.15.00 to $.60.00
- BOOK ALLEY
- fine and old books in Pasadena. Recent art and photography.
- antiquarian photos, western americana
- L'ARENGARIO STUDIO BIBLIOGRAFICO
- art, avantgarde, architecture, cinema PHOTOGRAPHS.
- CALIFORNIA MUSEUM OF
- Virtual Magnifying Glass. Historical photographs from the UC/Riverside California Museum of Photography Collection. Unlike most WWW images, areas of these photographs are mapped to reveal new details not visible in the small in-line
images. 'Dig deep, you will be surprised at what you might find among signs in shop windows, or down the dusty streets of a frontier town, at Disneyland in 1956, or in the Netherlands 90 years ago.'
RANSOM RESEARCH CENTER
- University of Texas in Auston. Home of the Helmut and Alison Gernsheim Collection.
- CENTER FOR CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY
- University of Arizona in Tucson. The Center for
Creative Photography is a museum and research center devoted to
photography as an art form. Its collections are among the most accessible in the world. Founded in
1975 from the combined vision of photographer Ansel Adams and then-university-president John
P. Schaefer, the Center is a unique institution offering printviewing from the photography collection,
research archives, changing exhibitions, educational programs, a library, publications, and a
- MAISON EUROPEENNE DE LA PHOTOGRAPHIE
- in Paris.Located in a beautifull mansion: L'Hotel Henault de Cantobre. Different approaches to modern photography are offered to the visitors.
The 'Maison' started in 1978. In 1985 the 'Espace Photographique de la Ville de Paris' was opened. Located in the center of the Halles, 400 sq.meters. Since opening this galery received over 200,000 visitiors. Expositions held: B.P.Wolff, Alice Springs,
Denis Roche, Harry Meerson, Bettina Rheims, Frank Horvat, Weegee, Helmut Newton, Bill Brandt, Raymond Voinquel, Lee Miller, Andy Warhol...
- CREATIVE PHOTOGRAPHY ART CENTER MAINE
- Founded in 1994, over
40,000 sq.ft. of floor space dedicated to photography. With state-of-the-art equipment CPACM is one of the largest equipped photography schools in the United States. (in Lewiston, Maine).
- GEORGE EASTMAN
- international museum of photography and film.
("Located on historic East Avenue in Rochester, the 12.5-acre museum site was the urban estate of
George Eastman (1854-1932), founder of the Eastman Kodak Company. Opened in 1949, the
Museum includes Eastman's restored house and gardens, an archives building and research center,
galleries, two theaters, and an education center. The Museum displays the art, technology, and
impact of photography and cinema over 150 years, and interprets the life of Eastman, an influential
industrialist and philanthropist.")
- NATIONAL MUSEUM of PHOTOGRAPHY & TELEVISION
- Situated in Bradford, GB, opened in 1983. The most visited British museum outside London. Over 850,000 visitors annual. It's
six floors are alive with displays, interactive features, large and small screens and constantly changing special exhibitions, events, theatre, education activities. Permanent galleries include: The Story of Popular Photography (The Kodak Museum), The
IMAX cinema, Television Galleries, Photography is News, and Pictureville Cinema.
- REDLANDS PHOTOGRAPHIC STUDIO 1897-1924
- San Bernardino County Museum. ("Back in 1897, Everitt started his career
during the period of "wet plates," a technique that required
heavy equipment and supplies, and almost immediate access to a darkroom. Hence
many of the more enterprising photographers had horse-drawn dark rooms on
wheels, or special tents for their equipment in the field.
Although one of his associates insisted Everitt had used wet plates in Redlands, none
were found in the approximately 4,000 of his negatives that still exist. Most of his
work is preserved as glass plates that came into use in 1881. The bulk of these is
now housed in the Special Collections Division of the San Bernardino County
Museum in Redlands.")
- HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY SITES
- A usefull YAHOO listing.
- KALLITYPE, L'INVITATION AU VOYAGE
- website Philippe
- A HISTORY OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- from its beginnings till the 1920s, by Dr.Robert Leggat. A great photography site with lots of information. Links to Royal Photography Society, list of Museums of
photographic interest, many files abour Processes, Styles and movements in photography. Interested in photography? Make a bookmark..
- PHOTOARTS MARKETPLACE
- Robert Klein in Boston, Howard
Schickler in New York, Photology Gallery in Milan, Stepen White in Los Angeles
- SCHOOL OF PHOTOGRAPHIC ARTS & SCIENCES
- Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Two photography links in the Bancroft
- HEARST MINING COLLECTION OF VIEWS BY C.E.WATKINS (donated to the University of California in 1909 by Mrs.Phoebe Apperson Hearst) and THE BANCROFT LIBRARY PICTORIAL COLLECTIONS: comprising an estimated 3.5 milion items in a variety of media, documents and illustrates the history of settlement of California and the American
- (ART) LABORATORY VIRTUAL PHOTOGRAPHY GALLERIES
- 'You're making objects up out of nothing, and you're doing virtual photography, essentially, by lighting them, but you're integrating them
with real-world photography, and you're trying to fob them off on the audience as something that was real' Beautifull images. Go see yourself..
- HOT PICTURES
- the first Russian
electronic photogallery presents direct, immediate photography as well as computer-processed images.
- BERNIE'S HOMEPAGE
- with WWW photography links and links to 15 photography newsgroups.
- THIRD EYE PHOTOWORK COLLECTION
- interesting photography sites to visit (see also: PHOTOGRAPHY GALLERIES ON THE WEB, continued)
- Photon WWW, PhotoNet index2 and WWW links, Photo portfolios
- ANSEL ADAMS HOMEPAGE
- The entire archive of over 5,000 negatives, publication prints, and associated material created by
Ansel Adams in connection with the commission for the centennial celebration is now located at
the California Museum of Photography, University of California, Riverside. This archive is known
as the "Sweeney and Rubin Ansel Adams Fiat Lux Collection". Inquiries regarding the collection
should be directed to: Steve Thomas, Collections Manager.Ansel Adams and the University of California: Essay by Melinda Wortz; Ansel Adams: a
PHOTOGRAPHY GALLERIES ON THE WEB, continued
Copyright ©1998 by http://www.xs4all.nl/~knops - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED